Description of the current role
Project Name: Central Datawarehouse – Aruna Replacement
Challenges: Replicating and replacing the existing reporting system which are based on Excel macros with data being picked from multiple legacy systems, with a BI platform built on a Datawarehouse.
Describe objectives/change the project/programme will achieve for your client: The existing reporting platform is an outdated one with no technical support from the vendor as it has closed down.
What did you specifically achieve /deliver as part of your role: Setting up of the 4 Business Objects environment from scratch. Built one Universe each for each of the departments. Developed the critical 20% of the reports for each department. Trained end users on Business Objects usage.
As a MI Analyst/ BI Architect in the Project
- Responsible for setting up of the Business Objects servers across 4 environments and their maintenance.
- Responsible for Requirement Gathering, Analysis and Functional and Technical documentation. ● Closely working with different departments like Business Operations, Finance, Actuarial and Underwriting to understand their current Reporting Processes and Structure.
- Developing Business Objects Universes and Reports catering to each of the departmental report requirements using SAP BO 4.0.
- Responsible for Developing and Maintaining the Logical Model (Dimension Model) for the Datawarehouse.
- Closely working with Data Governance manager to identify and report the Data Quality related issues in the existing and new reporting platforms in order to meet mandatory Solvency II standards.
- Closely working with an Offshore team to develop reports.
- Provide Business Objects Report Training for end users.